The 2022 Bi-State Shad Fishing Contest registration is now closed.
We will no longer be taking applications for the 2022 Shad Contest.
The entry fee for the contest which runs from;
April, 20 thru 23, 2023 is $45 for adults 16 and over and $25 for youths 15 years and under.
All registrants will receive a Bi-State Shad Fishing Contest T-Shirt. Be sure to include your shirt size on your entry form.
Registrations must be received by U.S. mail no later than midnight Wednesday- April 19, 2023
Registrations will be accepted in person up to 8:00am April 20, 2023.
Call Eric at (610) 762-0440
Weigh station hours
8:30AM to 9:00PM
NOTE: Please remember to check our Facebook page or call for current weights. We want to release all fish that will not place. 610-762-0440 (Eric)
2023 Official Rules and Regulations – Bi-State Shad Fishing Contest
1. Every angler in the boat must be registered in the contest. A non-fishing companion is acceptable. Anyone caught with non-registered angler(s) on board will be disqualified and banned from fishing the contest in the future.
2. Fishing is from boat or shore.
3. All shad must be weighed on official scale located at the Phillipsburg N.J. Boat Launch
4. Winners to be decided by heaviest weight, no minimum length
5. In a case of a tie, fish weighed in first, wins tiebreaker
6. All fish are to be gutted by weigh master, and retained
7. Anyone caught tampering with fish, will be disqualified, and banned for life
8. Current PA OR N.J. regulations apply.
9. Entrants age 15 and under will need parent , or legal guardian signature.
10. A Pa or N.J. fishing license is required for ages 16 and older, and must be shown at time of weigh in, unless exempt.
11. Permitted fishing water is the length of the Delaware River only. No Tributaries
12. Weigh Station hours are 8:30 am to 9:00 pm. If you call by 9pm, I will allow 1 hour, which would be 10 pm.
13. All registrations will be accepted at discretion of committee.
14. Registrations must be received by U.S. mail, no later than midnight Wednesday, April 19, 2023. Registrations will be accepted in person, until 8am April 20, 2023. Call Eric @ 610 762 0440
15. Prize amounts will be determined by the number of entries, and contributions from contest sponsors
16. Each entrant can win one 1st, one 2nd, one 3rd, and one 4th place daily prize, and one overall prize. Same applies for kids divisions
17. If you finish in the top ten, you will be ineligible for the kids, women, and senior bonus prizes
18. Awards ceremony will be held Monday, April 24, 2023, at the Phillipsburg Boat Launch at 6:00pm
19. 2 Hooks per line maximum
NOTE: Please remember to call me for current weights. We want to release all fish that will not place. 610-762- 0440 (Eric).
12TH ANNUAL BI-STATE SHAD FISHING CONTEST
APRIL 20 – 23, 2023
- WINNERS MAY BE SUBJECTTO POLYGRAPH TEST
- All registrants age 16 years and older must have a current PA or NJ fishing license. Unless exempt
- All registrants age 15 years and under must have a parent or legal guardian signature.
- Check or money order payable to Bi-State Shad LLC.
- I agree to abide by all official rules and regulations of the contest.
- I agree to waive any liability on the contest, in connection with the operation of the fishing contest.
- Registration after the mail-in deadline will be accepted in person up until 8AM, APRIL 21st, 2022. To make arrangements in person, call Eric at 610-762-0440.
- I hereby give consent for my name and photo to be used by the Bi-State Shad Fishing Contest, for promotional use only.
NOTE: Please remember to call me for current weights. We want to release all fish that will not place. 610–762–0440 (Eric). I also post the leader board on Facebook.